- 18 years of age
- High school diploma from a regionally accredited institution or GED
- TABE test (valid for 2 years) or college degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Broward Fire Academy Entrance Ability Test (valid for 1 year)
- CPR card (BLS-HCP Adult and Child AED CPR card)
- First Responder, EMT certification and/or Paramedic certification
Applications are accepted continuously. Registration for classes takes place approximately one month prior to the start date of that class. Once an application is complete, it will be signed off and time stamped by Daniel Larsen, Program Advisor. Applicants are registered for the class on a first come, first serve basis that goes according to the date of completion of their application.
Applications will not be time stamped until all documents required in the application package are complete including TABE test (if applicable), written application, high school diploma, Entrance Ability Test (PAT), CPR, EMT course completion certificate and proof of health insurance. Copies of 2 forms of proof of residency.
Fire registration application packets are only available at the Academy.